Friday 13 September 2013

Drawing from a Photograph

As apart of the lens based media stage of the course, we were asked to take photographs that sparked up a memory for us. I photographed Admiralty Arch leading from Trafalgar square, passed Green Park to Buckingham Palace. I thought I would use this photograph to draw from because it has a lot of history behind it. This means that the arch is very monumental and has 'seen' alot throughout the time of being built, and up to the modern day things around the piece of architecture is changing.   


The next part of the process was to crop the image using pieces of spare paper to make a complete new image, concentrating on compositions and framing. I tried to create 7 different frames for the drawn image, making them different each time to create a new story behind it. 








I like the idea of how much framing and composition can lead to a good photograph or a really beautiful scene.  

Fig 1-8 authors own

No comments:

Post a Comment