Saturday 19 October 2013

Graphics Poster

On the final day of the Graphic rotation, we had to make a poster that represented what we hopefully wanted to achieve in 20 years time. This poster would be representing our work in the V&A museum. 

I produced a few sketches in my sketch book to see what my strengths were, with either collage, typography. The decision I made was to make my whole poster out of typography and text as I feel that, throughout the week it was my strength. 
First of all drew out lightly my first name going horizontally, then the last name vertically. I wanted to added graphics to show what we had be doing this past week. 
The colours that I chose hopefully would complement eachother, two shades of blue I found looked well together. After adding in the blue to some of the letters and the numbers, I wanted to potentially cut into the poster with the whole in the letters e.g O or A. I cut into some of the letters, I wanted to put in a slight backdrop and complement the rest poster. I stuck a piece of blue piece of paper at the back so that the cut out sections would be more captivating to look at. the final element of the poster was to go around the word 'graphics' so it would dominate the poster and become the centre of attention. I also did this technique to the date and the S&A. 

I feel that the poster is very eye-catching and gets straight to the point in what it is trying to promote and explain. I like the minimalist style as you don't have to create a big fancy poster to demonstrate someone work. 


Fig 1 authors own

No comments:

Post a Comment